Uwharrie Capital Corp will seek to make possible the operation of a community bank that operates in accordance with our mission and core values. In carrying out its mission, Uwharrie Capital Corp will:
- Maintain control of Uwharrie Capital Corp for and by the people of the communities we serve through the maintenance of a broad representative shareholder base.
- Be guided by a large and well-chosen Board of Directors that represents the various interests and needs of the people we serve.
- Maintain a highly professional and sensitive staff that is genuinely dedicated to supporting the mission in the spirit of the founding philosophy.
- Utilize state-of-the-art technology with an understanding for the need of a balance between use of technology and the need for close customer contact.
- Maintain flexibility in organizational structures, policies and procedures in order to cope effectively with the changing market environment and conditions.
- Provide to shareholders a good return on their investment.
- Operate on the high ideals upon which Uwharrie Capital Corp was founded and within the letter and spirit of the rules and regulations of the agencies that have duly constituted authority over the company.
The Board of Directors and management of Uwharrie Capital Corp hold full responsibility to interpret and make operational all of the above objectives and purposes. Management will always strive to achieve a balanced approach to these objectives, and, through efficient operations, provide competitive rewards to its supporters. Uwharrie Capital Corp, and its people, will strive to fulfill its unique mission as a holding company committed to supporting the success of the community based financial intermediaries serving the counties and communities making up the Uwharrie Lakes Region.