Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
This flexible investment vehicle can be customized to meet your individual needs. Your rate of return will depend on the amount of money you wish to invest and the length of time you elect to keep your money on deposit.
You may choose to have interest added to your CD, which maximizes its earnings potential or have your earnings deposited into another account at Uwharrie Bank for immediate cash needs. Under certain conditions you may choose to receive an interest check. In most cases, at maturity your CD will automatically renew at the interest rate in effect at that time.
Learn more about our new 23-month promotional CD
- Guaranteed interest rate for period of time (term) selected *
- Interest compounded daily
- Emergency withdrawal with no penalty; otherwise, a penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal
- Flexible interest payment options
- Automatic renewal upon maturity
- Combined accounts statement
- FDIC Insured
Terms & Fees
- No monthly service fee
- $500 minimum deposit to open
- $10,000 minimum deposit to open, with our new promotional CD
- $2,000 minimum deposit to open, with our new promotional IRA CD
- Early Withdrawal Penalty may apply
- Contact Uwharrie Bank for more information about current rates.
- For a limited time we are also offering a new 23-month promotional CD with an Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of 2.75%.