|How does Uwharrie Capital Corp and its affiliates protect my personal information?
|To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
|How does Uwharrie Capital Corp and its affiliates collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
- Open an account, apply for a loan, or provide account information
- Pay your bills or make a deposit
- Use your credit or debit card
|How does Uwharrie Capital Corp collect and utilize data with mobile banking applications for marketing purposes?
Our marketing tools collect the following information when using our mobile banking application in order to provide appropriate marketing campaign information:
- Location data is collected to provide location-based messages and interactions.
- A random User ID is generated upon initial app access and used later during each marketing tool interaction. The User ID is used for identifying the user and for sending campaign information. This User ID is unique for each device and changes every time the application is re-installed.
- Product Interaction is a marketing tool used to track user application entry, exit and pages viewed within the application.
- Our marketing tools will collect your first name for product personalization purposes.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
|Your choice will apply to everyone on the account.